Applications for the 2018 University Preparation Program (UPP) are open.
Please see Ms St Hill in the library if you are interested.
This program is designed to support students who have higher education aspirations, but are looking to improve their final HSC marks.
Running weekly across Terms 2 and 3 2018, the program offers students the following benefits:
- Up to 30 hours of free subject-based tutoring sessions with our In2Uni Mentors (who have achieved a Band 5 or higher in that particular subject)
- A guaranteed Admissions interview to UOW*
- Face-to-face and online study skills development
- Assistance completing their Admission interview and UAC online applications
- Mentoring to explore post-high school options, including course options based on Year 12 academic performance
- Mock Interview and Mock Exam Super Study Days- to prepare for the HSC exams and UOW Admissions interviews under accurate conditions
* Students who successfully complete the University Preparation Program, will be eligible to receive a guaranteed admissions Interview with one UOW faculty. This interview will be for a degree determined by UOW, dependant on the student’s academic performance, and may not be for the course/s listed in their Admissions application. Further to the above students who are not meeting the published indicative criteria for courses applied to ,may be at the discretion of UOW faculties, be offered an admissions interview to a UOW Pathways Program in lieu of an admissions interview to a UOW degree.
Days and Times
At the Wollongong Campus, UPP sessions will be offered at the following times:
- Wednesday 1.30 – 3.00pm
- Wednesday 3.30 – 5.00pm
- Thursday 1.30 – 3.00pm
- Free for students who attend an In2Uni sponsored high school
- Free for students who meet equity criteria
Students are invited to apply for this program if they meet the following criteria:
- Completing the HSC or IB in 2018 at a high school in the Illawarra/South East Region
- Academic performance in Year 11 indicates that, at this time, they are unlikely to achieve the results needed to get entry to their preferred post high school study option (university, TAFE, other RTO)
- In order to be eligible to participate in the program, students must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school, OR meet one of the following criteria:
o Completing the HSC in a rural or remote area**
o Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
o On a permanent humanitarian visa or have refugee status
o Currently experiencing financial hardship, disability/health condition or social disadvantage that have impacted on your studies**
Applications will remain open across the Summer holidays through until Friday 16 February, 2018.
We will be sending details of the application process to all students who have registered interest tomorrow, as we are still waiting for final changes to our website to update overnight.